Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wherefor do thou work?

Uh oh. I got a whole bunch of books today - but it's not my fault! I can feel the glare/amusement warring in my leather wearing, book-toting, procrastinating friend, Mrs.Gestating. She's saying "you should be working!" And she's right. But they're Christmas presents, arriving a bit late. My mom ordered them for me in December, and a couple were backordered.

So now they're sitting there, taunting me. A whole pile of them. And the terms "stochastic processes", "multi-criteria evaluation and decision making", "methodology", or "concordance analysis" are nowhere in the titles! These are glorious novels, chick flick trash, and literature that are in no way related to anything scholastic. Their words beckon me, trying to seduce me with "just one chapter".

I could cave, but then we all know where I'd be...sitting in the chair in my supervisor's office tomorrow saying "what? you wanted me to do what yesterday? I could give a comparative analysis of Irish chick lit vs. English chick lit...that's not good enough?!?" Alas, I'll go back to the SIA on GHGs and MCE techniques (not including AHP), but I'm not happy about it!

1 Comments:

  • I realized today my school related stress would disappear if my thesis was a comparative analysis of Olympic vs. NHL hockey. But it's not. I am choosing lately to embrace the temptations. I'm sick, cut me some slack!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home