Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Week in Exile and A Starbucks Question

Wow, so it's been almost a week since my last post. I've been busy reading, trying to find books and articles that will contribute something at least quasi-interesting to my thesis material. And then some of the articles weren't available online (the nerve of them!) and I had to go to the ACTUAL library to photocopy them.

Anyway, another week, and this one I was in self imposed exile so I could work. Things seemed on track last weekend, since Shannon was gone on vacation (lucky chick- she has a swim up bar, sand, and potential cabana boys) and Selena was much too busy to socialize. But my work plans were shot because I spent two and a half days shopping for glasses (of all things). Genetics have kicked in, and it seems that I need glasses. No problem, I found some cute frames, befitting my fashion sense, but it took forever and what a boring way to drop hard earned money. Although, it is nice to actually see the stuff that's far away now.

By today I was managing to walk with the glasses, without running into walls/falling over chairs (as much), and with no dizziness or headaches. I still have very little depth perception, but that doesn't matter. It'll come in time, or so the proverbial "they" say. I was working this morning, but by the afternoon, too many people on MSN and too little work later I was grumpy (read: irritated and potentially bitchy). Kynthia braved my barely veiled sarcastic bitterness about, oh, everything, and we went out for coffee. That was a good call on my part; I'm not sure if it was the whip cream, the caffeine, or just being out of my apartment, but I felt better!

Well, coffee turned into dinner at my favourite place, McNally Robinson. Anywhere you can get good food, good service, jazz, and books is fabulous! Then we browsed the bookstore for a while, got a couple of bargain ($4.99!) books, and called it an early night. See, now that would have been a good date, if she were a guy (I know, I know - issues). Now I'm rejuvenated and still have a couple of hours to work. So naturally, I'll blog instead.

P.S. Does anyone else know a person who hasn't *ever* been to Starbucks? I'm not a coffee drinker, but I still go there for the snacks, non-coffee beverages and such. But this was Kynthia's first time ever! Now she's very nice, so I won't hold it against her, but is this...I want to say normal, but my definitions for normality are fuzzy/questionable right now, so I'll go with...common?

1 Comments:

  • It was simply my first time in that Starbucks silly! I have been to one in Calgary so yeah now I don't feel so bad! ;) Yes, the night was incredibly fun and I still wish my big film book would've been a present rather than a personal splurge ;) I know, I know - issues!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home