Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Midterm week

I can't believe the course is halfway over and it's only been a week and a half! I feel like I've now had the actual La Ronge experience - I've been to "the bar", I've found a favourite restaurant (great food, questionable service at best), and I located a desk lamp (after visiting every possible store here - no kidding). So yes, it's a small town, but I'm enjoying myself here. Of course, I'd prefer it if the weather would clear up, but you can only ask for so much.

Classes are going well, though the prep work getting the lectures together is incredibly demanding. Marking goes with the territory, and I'm controlling my inner "grammar Nazi" very well thanks - though the students may choose to disagree.

Today is my mom's birthday, so I sent her flowers (thank goodness for the internet!). Speaking of which, I don't have internet access at home for the first time in AGES and it's absolutely tragic. If I lived in a cardboard box on the street, there'd be cable internet in there...and yet...I'm living without it (at home).

My students are great and they seem to like me too. Although, that may change now that we've had the midterm :) Tomorrow we're off for a tour of the local water treatment plant (yay for water resources) and there's a potential uranium mine tour next week. Gotta love fieldtrips - no lesson plans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home