Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life in La Ronge

So I've been in La Ronge for 3 days now, and I've seen pretty much all there is to see...well, close enough anyway. I'm adjusting to the schedule change (instead of going to bed at 3 am, I get up at 7 am) and even back to making my lunch like when I was a kid!

La Ronge has a brand new co-op, located only a short drive from where I live. It's very convenient. The snow is not so convenient. When I arrived on Sunday it was balmy at about 20 degrees. Today we got several inches of snow. I'm bitter.

Looking forward to maybe getting out on the lake, though that will have to wait until the draft thesis is done, sometime in the next week or so. Not too much else to report - there's no Tim Hortons, so I though I'd have to do without Ice Caps this summer, but I'm told the Java Shack makes a good one...we'll see. As for now, I have to get tomorrow's lecture together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home