Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Friday, March 03, 2006

Same hair, new length

Today I got my hairs cut (yes, all of them) and I quite enjoy having it shorter and with the pretty highlights again. I used the conference next week as an excuse to motivate myself to get to the salon (finally). Too long spent in front of my computer = split ends.

Thankfully the sidewalks had been cleared of the 15 cm or so of snow, and I was able to walk (not fall as per the usual situation) to the salon. We've avoided the whole snow issue since Christmas, but then last week we got a whole bunch overnight (literally). This caused some consternation on the part of people other than myself, given that I don't have to trek through the snow to work in my apartment.

Thanks to Viper and J-girl for calling me everyday, despite a head injury (not mine). Also thanks to Shannon (aka Shopaholic), GISgirl and my favourite research partner (Jill) for dragging me out to a girls night. Oh, and of course, thanks go to Bear & Teaks and Fish & Chips for their pet antics. Where would we be without webcams?

As for everyone else - if you're wondering where you're mentioned, make the aforementioned gestures to ensure I'm still alive and you'll get a thanks too...but you gotta call! This is just a shameless effort to make people call me and distract me, but you know you want to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home