Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Finally, a real snowfall

Looks like snow is here to stay - we got about 7 inches on Tuesday/Wednesday, and it caused a certain amount of chaos. Cars slid around (terrifying pedestrians), busses became much more popular, and walking involved a certain amount of sliding along. One of my students was late for my lecture on Tuesday and later apologized - she was late because she was hit by a car. Hmmm...I'll accept that as a legitimate excuse all right. Thankfully she was ok.

I was really happy that we finally got snow - I've been Saskatchewanized (to a certain extent) and I've come to expect snow as part of my winter. In fact, to all those BC people that thought I was crazy, and now have salmon swimming by their mailboxes and have to canoe to work, I say: HA!

At least it's a dry cold...

2 Comments:

  • Did you ask for a doctors note? sucker......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 a.m.  

  • Hey now that you've successfully defended (CONGRATS!)...*maybe* you could update your blog every 4 months or so?

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home