Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

And we have snow

I just got back from another week up North, where I'm teaching a course. Thanks go to various friends of mine, particularly Viper, for his extensive knowledge of European and World history. Somehow I managed to get through highschool and 8 years of university without ever taking a history class. Apparently that was an oversight on my part. Oops.

So now I read the news (more carefully) and I'm collecting academic documentaries to show in class. Life just keeps getting more interesting! This is also midterm week, which was stressful as a student, and still somewhat stressful as an instructor. Somehow it never occurred to me that the exams would have to be marked (by ME).

In other news, the first snow has arrived (and stayed), and as of today my motorcycle is off the road. Riding it to the bike shop to be stored was only slightly sketchy, with one patch of ice and an oncoming semi. Thankfully I put my foot down, slipped, and realized the tires wouldn't have traction either. It all worked out in the end. I need some sort of Batman type spikes that stick out of the tires. And Christian Bale to ride with me.

I have found out that if you're ever caught without a proper icescraper you can use either a DVD case or a breadboard to clear off the snow and ice. Neither are ideal, but both will work. See...living in Saskatchewan teaches you things.

2 Comments:

  • Many thanks for allowing me to assist you in your latest LaRonge endeavor

    As always...your 2nd

    Viper

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 p.m.  

  • World Regional Development...how amazingly vague. You could almost talk about anything!

    I just learned about Kerala in India. Before Indias recent entry into global economics, the average annual income was $300 but their Human Development Index was up there with countries like ours. Money does not buy quality of life, necessarily. Muy interessante.

    Maybe you should talk about Kerala. Or maybe I shouldn't tell you what you should teach. At the very least you could Google it if you feel the need for a little diversion.

    Tell us more LaRonge stories! Have you been involved in any bar room brawls yet? Have you seen any X-Men?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home