Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pretty Dresses and Snowflakes on Eyelashes (or something...)

This is a (belated) post about last weekend. Well, not the entire weekend, which was very nice, but not the current focus. On Saturday I went with Kynthia to her work Christmas party. We dressed up and went out for dinner at Earl's, which is becoming a common thing. I was trying to figure out how many martini weekends I've attended in the last month, and I just might be 4 for 4 now. Anyway, we wore our fancy dresses, and managed not to get into too much trouble. If there was any trouble at all, I blame my red lips. I bought a new lipstick to match my dress. Well, actually it was a lacquer, but I don't really know the difference between lipstick, lacquer, lipgloss etc. If anyone can illuminate this subject, please feel free to leave a comment.

We enjoyed our dinner, made our way to the party, ate and drank our way through some lovely catered sustenance, and left at a reasonable hour, slipping and sliding our way down the icy driveway. The only casualty of the night was the hem of my dress, which didn't hold up when I put a stiletto heel through it: it is being surgically stitched up right now by the professionals at Tip Top Tailors.

We decided we weren't quite ready to call it a night, so we changed, picked up a friend of Kynthia's and went out for some drinks at the Freehouse. Once again, I got home around three, making it incredibly difficult to get up for yoga in the morning. This is becoming a pattern. But at least this time I felt fine when I woke up, which is always a bit of a gamble after so little sleep.

On the plus side, we once again have snow! I'm not sure if I'm becoming Saskatchewan-esque or not, but I was not enjoying the rain and cloudy weather. That's a Victoria thing, and I'm sure I'll have my fill of it in the coming weeks. For now, I'm glad that we have a decent covering of snow, though I was less pleased at the slush on my jeans and pretty boots. But you take the good with the bad, and soon there'll be enough snow that it won't be melty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home