Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

First Snowfall!

Last night was the first official snowfall. There were a couple of centimeters on the ground this morning, clearly not enough for snow angels. But that time will come and I'm not in any rush. As of this posting, at 2:30 pm, the snow is melted, but it was nice to see this morning. After doing an interview, and transcribing it, I wandered out for a walk. The brilliant sun is one thing that I love about this province. While everyone in BC is drowning in their rain, we're enjoying the sun and (fairly) moderate temperatures. I think it's about zero, which sounds cold, but it's SO much better than -40.

So there you go. Winter has arrived, and the Christmas decorations are officially going up in the malls. Not just the little section in the back of the department stores - now the decorations are gracing store fronts, and soon there will be garlands on the ceiling and Santa's little empire in the middle of the mall.

Oh well, I guess the first snowfall indicates that Christmas is coming...and perhaps Santa will have a thesis for me?

1 Comments:

  • I'll have a word with Santa regarding your thesis if you talk to him about bringing me a pony. Oh wait, I've got one...how about an interest-free student loan? Or a job? Really, my list of intangibles goes on...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home