Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Monday, June 05, 2006

Post-Birthday Review

Friday, June 2 was my 27th birthday - that's 27, NOT 30. Michael spent most of the night telling everyone I was "29 for the 2nd time", probably just to get a rise out of me (which it did), and for his own entertainment (which he got).

My parents very generously gave me a KitchenAid mixer (name "Ray", see below for picture), which I used for the first time on Saturday, baking chocolate chip cookies on the inaugural run. It was amazing how easy it is to mix stuff now! Plus, I love the colour. If you're thinking "hey, if anything happens to Lisa, I'd love to acquire that mixer", get in line, because there are about 7 people ahead of you (and now I'm scared for my health!). And a quote from my mom: "hey, if I had a mixer like that, I might even bake something!". True mom, very true!

Anyway, on Friday I went and saw X-men 3: The Last Stand with Shannon and Kynthia. It was quite good, though I was disappointed with a few elements. I won't get into detail (no spoilers), but suffice it to say that a few of the characters weren't handled well. The visuals were amazing though, and there was tones of action.

Saturday was the official birthday dinner out at the Samurai - the perfect choice for a dinner where you get excellent food, creative drinks, and your food is set on fire! I got sushi, tempura, and terryaki shrimp with veggies - quite the dining experience. The special treat was the onion volcano (which is hard to do, getting those rings to stack like that), followed later by the cake and green tea icecream. I wore my new birthday dress, and Shannon turned up in a fancy dress that made her look super hot.

Many thanks to all for the wonderful presents (unnecessary but always welcome!) and the great time out. I'm always up for an excuse to dress up, go out, and eat good food. 27 (not 30!) is looking good so far...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home