Livin' in the land of the cold and the flat

Friday, October 14, 2005

The Thanksgiving Feast

This was my second turkey cooking attempt, and I have to say it was quite positive. Of course, the digital, wireless meat thermometer was an excellent aid, and provided hours of entertainment (is that sad?). Any time you can be 100 feet from the oven and use your handy, belt-clipped readout to check your turkey, you know you're having a yuppie cooking experience.

However, it was a good day for us (maybe not so much for the bird), and we managed to transport the turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cheesecake to the designated location without too much hassle. I almost ended up with a lapful of gravy, but almost doesn't really count.

Sadly it was Nat's last week in Saskatoon, but since she gets to move to Kelowna, I don't feel too bad for her. Many thanks to her dead aunt for the hazlenut tort recipe though.

We departed after much food and wine, and with leftovers firmly in hand. I know I'll be eating well for a few days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home